Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smoothies! (prefaced by random ramblings)

Are blogs supposed to be funny?  Some of the ones I read are absolutely hilarious, some of them mirror incidents in my own life, some are informative.  I guess if something funny happens, I will write a funny post.  I really just like getting little anecdotes written down so I can let them out of my head.  You know, there's only so much room for information in there.  Research proves it.  Research also shows that the size of the Amygdala is proportional to a person's social contact needs.  Apparently Facebookers and Bloggers have larger amygdala, introverted loners have small ones.  Wow, what a surprise, our brain affects how we act. 

But I digress - back to the topic of this blog, Smoothies!  Here are few of our favorites, all made in the fabulous Magic Bullet. This works great because everyone can pick their own flavor, made right in the cup.

Base: 1 cup crushed ice, 1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1-2 scoops vanilla cream meal replacement powder
Add flavors to base:
Creamsicle - 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 banana (optional)
Choco-Banana - 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana, 1 TB cocoa, 1 TB sugar
Very Berry - 1 1/2 cups milk, handful of frozen berries, 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt
Pina Colada - 1 cup pineapple juice, 2 TB coconut milk powder


* Please note: All quantities are estimated, I have never actually measured anything in a smoothie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment