Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mommy can you make me one of those things?

My daughter came up to me this morning and said "Mommy can you make me one of those things?"  I must have looked confused because she went on to explain "You know, one of those THINGS, with paper".   Huh? She accompanied her statement by moving the thumb and index fingers of both hands open and shut, open and shut. 

OH!!! One of THOSE things!  "You mean with the numbers and you pick one, then you pick a color?" She gave me a look like I was a bit slow, but she was proud that I'd managed to figure it out. Sure we can make one, how hard can it be?  I made them when I was a kid, I made them for the older two when they were little.

Turns out origami is not my strong suit, neither is my memory on how to make these 'things' (what are they called anyway??).  However, I'm proud to say that after a few attempts and lots of folding this way and that, the "thing" was accomplished WITHOUT the use of Google.

Now I just need to get the two of them to stop coming up to me every 8 seconds saying "Mommy pick a number".

1 comment:

  1. Update: I asked her what they are called, and she said "Fortune Tellers". Yes! Would have been easier if she said that this morning!

    ReplyDelete