Saturday, November 13, 2010

3 year old Logic

Today my son is a statue.  This came in very handy for him several times. When I asked him to pick up the lite brite pegs:  "I can't, I'm a statue".  Later, when I asked him to pick up the contents of his piggy bank (that he had ceremoniously dumped on his bedroom floor):  "I can't, I'm a statue".  He accompanied his statement with a demonstration of a very serious looking statue.

The thought of him staying still for even a few seconds is very appealing, maybe this statue thing could work to my advantage:  "If you're a statue, I guess you can't move.  Should I just carry you to your bed now then?"

He bolted from the room.  So much for being a statue, and so much for picking up the coins.  They're still there.  Maybe tomorrow we'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment