Sunday, November 21, 2010

Little boys think everything is HILARIOUS

My son is a typical boy, and apparently so is my husband.

The other day Jack was having a 'typical 3-year-old meltdown'. I tried to distract, tried talking calmly, got frustrated, was on the verge of a meltdown myself - Daddy steps in and says 'poop'.  The screaming decibel levels dropped immediately.  Daddy says "poopy poopy fart fart", the screaming stops and there is even a hint of a smile.  Jack farts and they both start laughing like they just heard the greatest joke ever told.  Is it really that simple!!!?!?

The words 'pull my finger' seem to bring them both endless hours of entertainment, and my son apparently feels that the word 'poop' can be substituted for almost any noun: 
And now back to the poop! (program)
I'm putting on my poop. (boots)
Can you get me some poop? (cereal)
I'm reading myself a poop (story)

And whenever he says stuff like that, Daddy is so proud. Must be a male bonding thing.  Nature vs. Nuture?  It's obviously nature at work here.  Hubby tried the same things with all three girls, but it was nothing like this. 

I can't believe I have actually typed the word 'poop' , let alone so many times in one blog.  I must be getting de-sensitized.  Some days I really do not understand my boys!

1 comment:

  1. Update: As he nears age 4, the novelty has not warn off. He now seems able to fart and burp (loudly!) at will. He just wandered by singing "Rock-a-bye farty, in the farttop. When the fart blows, the farty will fart...." ~sigh~

    ReplyDelete